Newark, New Jersey
1.5K views

I purchased a car thru a used car dealer and one month later I was laid off -company was really slow-a company i used to work for called me and asked if i wanted my job back- of course i took it.But I took a $12,000/yr pay cut- i struggled with the car payment for one year and then i realized i couldn't do it anymore- so i took the car back to the dealer and i didn't hear anything for one year- now they are garnishing my wages-they never called me at all for a whole year- nothing in the mail- nothing at all.

i would never deal with these people again.

when i had to go in front of the judge-i wasn't even allowed to say anything- the person they had in court representing Thrift Investment Corp- was from a collection agency- didn't even know they had one.No one ever called me - i heard nothing from them!!!!!

Had an Experience with Thrift Investment?

Comments

They are thee worsted in the world boycott meet us Saturday @ 4pm Springfield auto in newark on Springfield ave.. class action lawsuit

Do not deal with these people if u have choice!Bad customer service !

And the manager David is a douch . he's rude and disrespectful to customers!

I don't even know how they still in business!Trust me not the people you would want a loan from!

*** *** run company what do you expect.

I'm praying for the employees at Thrift...they are clearly posessed with something....cursing,name calling,threatening,and lieing to customers is just insane..these people are demonic...I have to get a lawyer,It seems as if everyone is having the same problem... If we all join together we could change this...they should be out of business as far as I'm concerned....

Washington, New Jersey, United States #708653

Ok spoke with the lovely Chris and told her to never contact my family members again.They also called my mother, seems if you are late they start calling your reference list.

A reference list is when you apply, FOR REFERENCE, not for bill collections. She was nice enough to tell me, if I ever go over 30 days again then they'll just repossess the car!! Hmmm, unprofessional, inappropriate AND complete lack of compassion for their customers. In these days when people are trying to do their best, there are some of us, but get behind a bit, which can happen to anyone, including a thrift employee, you'd think they'd be willing to treat decent customers with a bit of respect.

I'm assuming they don't teach any client relation skills because after all we are the client who they make extra money on when we pay late.

Without us...hmmm...some Thrift employees could end up in the same position.Karma always comes around.

employee
Iselin, New Jersey, United States #654763

It is a shame that any individual can post a negative comment, whether it be a customer who has been given so many chances to redeem their credit or a disgruntled employee who expected to be paid for doing minimal work. The truth behind every statement posted is that it is either a cutomer or an employee who feels better by blaming everyone else for their own shortcomings.

All Paid Off
to employee Absecon, New Jersey, United States #692795

ARE YOU freaking kidding me!When you have Someone likr Chris Elkins as supervisor and telling you that you've been late 13 times and dont know why I.m asking for $20 hand out, I m surprised that bricks have not been thrown at your windows yet.

It s funny how you people get greedy when thecustomer is 2 payments away from owing their car. At that time, you guys leave threatening messages, send out yow companies, and insult us when we call and aggravated.

You!People should call it Ghetto Infesting corp!

appreciative customer
to All Paid Off Iselin, New Jersey, United States #705562

I guess it takes a *** from the Ghetto to know what ghetto is. Keep on slummin ***!!

to employee Washington, New Jersey, United States #708568

Well mine is not blaming anyone for anything, just stating how unprofessional the actions of Thrift can be to actually contact someones child. In reference to your stated word "shortcomings" there are people struggling trying to do what they can, "shortcomings" would be an inappropriate word, again showing a lack of professionalism on Thrifts part. You have only confirmed Thrifts "shortcomings."

appreciative customer
to Anonymous #757839

Once again, dont' make your problems the finance companies problem, you signed a contract for the priviledge of borrowing money. The use of the word "shortcomings" is appropriate.